Monday, October 3, 2011

36 Weeks...Hello 9th Month!!! :)

36 Weeks:  (9/25/11) "Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy hair that covered his body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term! His skin is getting smooth and soft, his gums are rigid, his liver and kidneys are in working order, and his circulation and immune system are basically good to go. His lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but every day he gets a little closer to breathing on his own."
UPDATE:  I can't believe it, but we are officially in the 9th month!  Logan will be here in about 4 weeks!!! We can't wait for him to finally be here. :)  I packed my hospital bag, and made a list of the last minute items that I need to throw in there before we leave (phone, camera, snacks...etc.).  We also installed Logan's car seat in my car and had Stephanie (my doula) check to make sure that it was correct.  I've noticed ALOT more movement lately also!  He is wiggling and kicking like crazy these days. :)  He also got the hiccups the other day and Kevin was able to feel it for the first time.  

We had our 36 Week check-up on Tuesday (9/27) and met with Dr. Abrahamson.  She is the other Ob/Gyn at our doctor's office. Dr. Guiroy wanted us to meet with the other doctor just in case she wasn't able to make my delivery.  I had my first pelvic exam done, which was really exciting because she confirmed that Logan was head down, and also said that I'm 2cm dilated! :)  I know that doesn't mean much, considering that some women dilate early and don't make much progress for weeks, but I still think it's a good head start! We are having our last ultrasound on Monday to check on Logan's size!  I'm a little nervous that they're going to tell us he's really big and encourage us to induce. (NOT going to happen!)  I'm really happy that our doula, Stephanie, is coming with us on our next doctor's appointment because she has been a great advocate for us! I know that she will support us in our decision to not induce and let Logan comes when he's ready. :)  We'll see how the ultrasound turns out!!! Hopefully I won't have to even discuss an induction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment