Monday, October 3, 2011

37 Weeks...Breech! :(

37 Weeks: (10/2/11) "Baby's now the size of a watermelon! Your full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!)."
UPDATE:  We had our ultrasound today, and it turns out that Logan is BREECH! :(  This took me completely by surprise because the doctor said he was head down when she did my pelvic exam last week.  I was holding back tears, and broke down completely once we got in the car.  I DO NOT WANT A C-SECTION!  I've worked so hard preparing for a natural childbirth, hired a doula, practiced hypnobirthing techniques, and had my heart and soul set on an intervention and drug-free delivery.  Thankfully, I called my acupuncturist and  she made me feel much better.  She said that both her children were breech, and she was able to flip them using acupuncture.  She sounded completely certain that I can flip Logan with no problem...even at 37 weeks.  SO...I'm headed to see her today at 3pm.  I'm also working with an amazing prenatal chiropractor that is also specialized in flipping breech babies.  Going to see her tomorrow! Logan is a little stubborn, but I am MORE stubborn, and will not give up until I've tried everything under the sun to flip him. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment