Tuesday, September 20, 2011

34 & 35 Weeks!

34 Weeks: (9/11/11) "Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers – which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born – are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine."


35 Weeks: (9/18/11) "Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete – he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight."
34 Weeks
35 Weeks

UPDATE:  Mr. Logan is getting bigger and making me more tired and uncomfortable these days!  I've started going to a chiropractor, and having prenatal massages every other week to help with my sciatica and back pain.  I've also noticed more swelling in my hands and fingers, soreness, and my arms and hands falling asleep at night.  My doctor said that it is carpal tunnel syndrome! :(  It is very common in pregnant ladies because of all the water you retain, but unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it. NOT FUN!  I've also started going to my prenatal water aerobics classes again, 3 times a week.  It's really fun to float and feel weightless, but I feel 100 times heavier when I get out of the pool! haha.  


34 WEEK APPOINTMENT: (9/14/11) Dr. Guiroy said that everything is looking great!  My weight is staying steady, and my belly is still measuring within the normal range. :)  She also commented that Logan's heartbeat sounded great and had good rhythm! What a strong baby!!!  Our next appointment will be next week and I will be having a group b strep test done, along with a pelvic exam. Not really looking forward to that, but oh well.


My best friend Abby with her baby Zoe (29 Weeks) and Logan (35 Weeks) at Abby's baby shower on 9/18/11











No comments:

Post a Comment