Saturday, August 13, 2011

7 Months, First/Last Week of Work!!!

28 Weeks: (7/31/11) "By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can open and close his eyes, which now sport lashes." 
UPDATE:  This was my first week back to work! I was SO nervous to talk to my boss about the letter my doctor wrote saying that she didn't want me to do any more home visits.  Since home visiting with low income families is my main job, I was worried about what they would do!  My boss was very understanding and said that she just wanted the baby and I to be safe. :)  She said that she would have to talk to HR about it first, but in the meantime, I could just work on planning, and organizing my new office.  The HR department didn't agree, however.  They said that they would not allow me to change my job description and that I would have to go on short-term disability. SO...I only worked for 1 week!!! The following week was filled with doctor/dietitian appointments, so it really was a blessing to not have to stress about working anymore.  


*I felt my first Braxton Hicks contractions at work this week! It was really weird and felt like my tummy got super hard and tight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment