Friday, July 15, 2011

25 Weeks & TWO Glucose Tests...

25 Weeks: (7/10/11):  "Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but he's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture."

SO....I don't know how accurate the above weekly update is, since he's measuring 2 weeks big! Technically he is the size of a 27 week old, but oh well. :)

1 HOUR GLUCOSE TEST- 7/12/11: I went in to the doctor's at 8am on Tuesday morning for my 1 hour glucose test.  I came prepared with a book, and some magazines, and tried not to be too afraid of the glucose drink I've heard so many bad things about!  The nurse came out and handed me a 10 oz. bottle that was "Lemon Lime" flavored and told me I had 5 minutes to drink it, but I couldn't just down it! 

 It wasn't as bad as I had expected, and tasted just like a very sweet, non-carbonated Sprite.  After waiting an hour, the nurse took me back and drew some blood.  She told me that the results would be in later that day, and that I should get a phone call tomorrow.  Wednesday came and went, and STILL no phone call! I was NOT happy when I called on Thursday and the nurse told me that the results were in, but that the other doctor (my doc was out of town) hadn't had time to look over them.  UGH!!!!  She had the nerve to tell me that the doc would "try" to get back to me today, but that they would probably have the results to me by next week. UMMM...NO!  I told her that I was not going to wait all weekend for the results and that she needed to tell the doctor I needed the results today! Poor girl....I'm pretty sure I scared her.  I was just SO frustrated/scared/anxious! I needed to know asap so that I could take the 3 hour glucose test and get the show on the road.  Well....after I let my pregnant wrath out on the poor nurse, she called me back 2 hours later with the results.  She said that the test did come back abnormal, so I had to come back for the 3 hour test as soon as possible.  Part of me was relieved because if I do end up having gestational diabetes, at least it's something I can take control of.  I definitely DO NOT want Logan to be a gigantic baby! lol.  I scheduled my 3 hour test for Friday morning at 8am.

3 HOUR GLUCOSE TEST- 7/15/11: I decided to have my 3 hour test at the Harmony Lab, instead of at my doctor's office, because I heard they have cozy recliners and free WiFi!  I got here at about 8:15 this morning, and had my first blood draw at 8:45 after giving them a urine sample.  For this test, I had to fast for at least 12 hours! :( I am sooo hungry! It just doesn't seem okay to make a pregnant woman not eat for this long.  I should be done with the test a little before noon today, so I'm going to get some yummy food, and get a pedicure!  Unfortunately, they had to poke me every hour, for a total of 4 blood draws! UGH!  My poor arms are going to be so bruised!  Luckily, I'm pretty comfortable in the recliner and under the blankets they gave me. :)  Who knows when my doctor will call me back with the results for this test, but I'm thinking I will have to take advantage of eating whatever I want this weekend, since it may be the last time!


No comments:

Post a Comment