Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy (late) Valentine's Day to US!!!!

I woke up to my alarm at exactly 6:30am on Tuesday, February 15th and had a gut feeling that something was "different."  I decided to take a pregnancy test, and as I sat in the bathroom waiting for the results, I kept telling myself, "You're probably not pregnant." "Don't be sad...there's always next month." "There's no way you could be pregnant this soon."  Well, guess what?  I looked down, and starring back at me was the word "pregnant" on the test.  I broke down and started sobbing uncontrollably as I held the test in my hand.  I could NOT believe it!!!  I couldn't stop crying and smiling! It was the best/weirdest feeling in the world! 

I instantly thought about how I was going to tell Kevin.  Do I wait until tonight to plan a fun dinner, or go to Party City to buy a bunch of baby stuff to surprise him after work? Ugh...who am I kidding?  I have no patience!  I still wanted to do something special, so I went into my dad's room and sat at his desk.  I opened up the drawer and found a pink and blue highlighter inside.  PERFECT!  I grabbed a piece of paper, and folded it in half to make a (late) Valentine's Day card for Kevin.   I didn't get a chance to buy him one over the weekend, so I felt terrible when he surprised me with flowers, a card, and dinner!  I figured this "late" card would DEFINITELY make up for it! ;)  After decorating the card inside and out, I went to wake him up so that he could read it.  He was a little confused when I woke him and said that he had to sit up and read the Valentine's Day card I made for him...right NOW. haha.  I turned on the lights and opened the blinds so he could see my "surprise" message.  I will never forget the look on his face when we opened the card and read "I'm Pregnant!"  surrounded by pink and blue hearts.  His jaw dropped and his eyes started to water as he said "Really?!!!" 

 

 
















It was the happiest moment of my life!  We sat on the bed and cried, laughed, and held each other for awhile.  Being the planner that I am, I immediately figured out my expected due date.  Turns out our little bundle of joy will be making his/her entrance on October 24th!  (The day after my daddy's birthday!)  We can't wait to meet our little "Pumpkin"!
To celebrate our BIG NEWS, Kevin surprised me with a chocolate ice cream cake from Coldstones! We had no idea that chocolate was on the "do not eat" list for pregnant women. Haha! Oh well! It was GOOOOOD!!!  We both laughed at the Coldstone girl's grammar skills. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment