Wednesday, June 22, 2011

22 Weeks & Father's Day!

22 Weeks: (6/19/11) "Baby's now the size of a papaya- about 11 inches long and almost a pound! Baby's settling into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.  His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.


LOGAN UPDATE:  Mr. Logan has been an active little man this week.  I've finally felt him moving and kicking this week!  I wasn't sure before, but now, I'm positive. :)  I feel him most in the morning, between 8:30-10am, and in the evening around 7pm.  It's such a cool feeling!  I can't wait for the kicking to get stronger so that Kevin can feel him too!

Cravings:  I'm still obsessed with fruit! I made a huge fruit salad with watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, and strawberries! MMM!  I've also been eating grapefruit and mangos still. :)  The weather has been SOOO HOT here (mid to high 80's) everyday that I can't help to crave popsicles and ice cream like crazy!  My latest ice cream flavor is cookies and cream.  I'm going to have an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins for my So Cal shower next weekend, which I can't stop thinking about! :)

* Highlight:  KEVIN'S FIRST FATHER'S DAY! *
We had planned a couple of months ago to celebrate Father's Day by going camping along the river.  We booked our perfect site, bought a HUGE new tent, and planned all the snacks we were going to bring. Unfortunately, we couldn't go this year because there was a pretty large thunderstorm that decided to sit over our campground- complete with hail and lightning in certain areas.  Not very safe camping weather. :(  Maybe it was the hormones, but I was SO upset! Way more than my dad and Kevin were.  I just wanted this Father's Day to be special for the both of them, and I wasn't sure if we could still have a good day. 

On a positive note, Kevin LOVED his Father's Day gifts from Logan and Bailey. :)  He got a Daddy picture frame with Logan's ultrasound picture for his office, clothes, a new bathing suit, a "New Dad" book, and a Daddy Tool Kit to help him with the fun task of changing diapers in a few months! :)  I got my dad 2 cards- one from me, and one from Logan!  I also got him a Laker's shirt, and made him a scrapbooked picture of Logan to put in his room. He loved it!

  • After presents, we all ended up having a wonderful breakfast on the patio of Collindale Golf Course, then went to see Pirates of the Carribean afterwards.  We also had Wahoo's for lunch-which was delicious!  The day turned out really great, even though we didn't go camping. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment